Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Our Baby Shower for Alyssa Sunday May 6,2012




Yes indeed, it took a village to put this party on. We did it! Our son David and his wife Alyssa are expecting their first child in June. From the moment  and I told family and friends that I was planning a baby shower, I had volunteers for every job it would require.  My sister-in-law Dorraine volunteered to do the flowers. She made corsages for  the  two Grandmothers  and her Great Grandmother. I have a home filled with  treasures from The Thrill of the Hunt. So sis-in-law came over and helped move furniture, clean up the front and back patios after our long cold ,wet winter. Together we cleaned the chandelier  and painted patio furniture!Whew! my friend Priscilla loves to bake, when she said she would bake the cupcakes and  thank you for coming cookies. I knew we were in for a treat. She used some ideas from Pinterest and executed them beautifully.Here are some pictures from our shower for Alyssa. Hope you enjoy them! Feel free to leave a comment  (I'd love to hear what you think) and thanks for stopping by......

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Such a lovely day with lots of lovely people.

Rose Chandler Johnson said...

Beautiful daughter in law! I'm glad you all had a nice time. Now, how did you make those adorable little carrot wraps? Can't wait to try them at my next party.